Friday, August 15, 2014

How to Paint Red Nails With Glitter Tips

I bought a new red glitter polish yesterday, and I really wanted to try it out. This inexpensive glitter was not quite what I expected it to be, but I did like the results that I had with it, once I worked it out a little. 

First, what I did, was paint my nails red almost to the tip. Right where your nails start becoming white, I stopped there. Sort of like a reverse french manicure. Once I was done painting the red part, I painted the tips with chunky silver glitter. With that type of glitter, it is best to just dab so that the larger pieces will accent your nails. After that all dried, I painted over my entire nail with this L.A. Colors red glitter. This glitter was not that thick, and I felt like it really only gave a hint of glitter. That would be why I chose to use the silver glitter before I painted my nails. I wanted the tips to look more glittery than the L. A. Colors nail polish would afford me. 

This is how it turned out. Pretty nicely I think. 


Below are the three different nail polishes that I used to create this look. I'm not really big on particular brands of nail polish, I base my choices off of colors. I really love this color red, because it is not a true red, but deep and more burgundy, which is a great color for me. 


Hopefully you will find a way to do this DIY nail design on your own without any trouble. If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a message in the comments, and I'll be glad to get back to you. 


For more DIY crafts, recipes, and relationship advice, please feel free to visit me at my other blog Love Hope Adventure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment